Hovertour 800 Features and Options
Hovercraft Payload (standard equipment): 850 lbs.
Hull: 16' long x 8' wide (4.88 x 2.44 m)
Choice of Hull Colors: RED/WHITE/YELLOW/BLUE
Speed: 35 mph (56 kph) on calm water, 60 mph (96 kph) on smooth ice
Wave Handling Capacity: 2 Ft. (60 cms)
Turning Capability: 180 and 360 degree turns
- General Motors 4-cycle, V8 performance engine developing 250 HP at sea level
- 12v electrical system with 90 amp alternator
- Dual 850 cold cranking amp batteries with battery master switch giving OFF-1-BOTH-2 positions.
- Thrust system comprising: twin 39" (99 cms) belt driven, ducted fans with air straightener arrays; ten cable-operated air
rudders and removable fanguards.
- Electric actuator controlled splitter plates
with dash mounted rocker switches allowing variable lift and
thrust settings for speed and cushion control on the move.
- Integrated lift and thrust air system with Hypalon® coated skirts, rear mounted drag flap, six hardened aluminum
replaceable skid rails.
- Fiberglass bottom hull made of hand lay-up woven roving plus
sealed polyurethane foam liner with high freeboard sides.
- Woven roving fiberglass inner hull with glossy gel coat finish.
- Flat cockpit floor 5' x 10' (1.52 m x 3.05 m) overall with
18" (45 cms) high cockpit sides.
- Two triangular vinyl cushion seats mounted one on each side
of centerline cushion crew seat and stowage module.
- Winter windshield comprising rigid fiberglass gel coat
structure with large curved windshield, two side windows with
short roof plus windshield wiper and washer system.
- Fast-reaction handle bar steering, twist grip throttle
- Hinged access instrument panel with tachometer, hourmeter,
engine oil pressure gauge, fuel gauges and coolant temperature
- 40 US gallon (150 l) capacity fuel tanks
- Four mooring eyes, one bow eye, and one rear winching eye.
- Twin fiberglass tail fin style wave and splash guards.
- Twin strobe flashers (red, blue or amber) with all-around
light on ducts, red/green bow light.
- Operating lights on crew protection windshield
- Four 2 ft stainless steel grab rails
- 200,000 Candlepower spotlight
- Two 2,000 gph bilge pumps