Hovertour 1000 Features and Options
Hovercraft Payload (standard equipment): 1,200 lbs. (544 kg)
Hull: 19' 3" long x 8' wide (5.87 m x 2.44 m)
Choice of Hull Colors: RED/WHITE/YELLOW/BLUE
Speed: 40 mph (64 kph) on calm water, 60 mph (96 kph) on smooth ice
Wave Handling Capacity: 2 Ft. (60 cms)
Turning Capability: 180 and 360 degree turns
- General Motors 4-cycle, V8 performance engine developing 250 HP at sea level.
- 12v electrical system with 90 amp alternator.
- Dual 850 cold cranking amp batteries with battery master switch giving OFF-1-BOTH-2 positions.
- Thrust system comprising: twin 39" (99 cms) belt driven, ducted fans with air straightener arrays; ten cable-operated air rudders and removable fanguards.
- Electric actuator controlled splitter plates with dash mounted rocker switches allowing variable lift and thrust settings for speed and cushion control on the move.
- Fiberglass bottom hull made of hand lay-up woven roving plus sealed polyurethane foam liner with high freeboard sides.
- Woven roving fiberglass inner hull with glossy gel coat finish.
- Flat cockpit floor 5' x 13' (1.5 m x 3.96 m) overall with 18" (45 cms) high cockpit sides.
- Two triangular vinyl cushion seats mounted one on each side of 4' (1.2 m) long centerline cushion crew seat and stowage module.
- Winter windshield comprising rigid fiberglass gel coat structure with large curved windshield, two side windows with short roof plus windshield wiper and washer system.
- Fast-reaction handle bar steering, twist grip throttle.
- Hinged access instrument panel with tachometer, hourmeter, engine oil pressure gauge, fuel gauges and coolant temperature gauge, voltmeter.
- 40 US gallon (150 L) capacity fuel tanks.
- Four mooring eyes, one bow eye, and one rear winching eye.
- Twin strobe flashers (red, blue or amber) with all-around light on ducts, red/green bow light.
- Operating lights on crew protection windshield
- Four 2 ft stainless steel grab rails
- Two 2,000 gph bilge pumps